Investing as a United Arab Emirates Investor

Ian Cole

Last Update il y a un an

If you are a United Arab Emirates citizen – and you do not have an ITIN – we will require additional information in order to process your investments.

Please note that credit cards are often declined for United Arab Emirates investors. For this reason, we strongly recommend sending all funds by wire transfer only.

TIN for United Arab Emirates Investors

The United Arab Emirates does not issue Tax Identification Numbers (″TINs″). Therefore, TINs are not automatically issued for Individuals and Entities.

The United Arab Emirates issues Tax Residency Certificates (″TRCs″) (also known as Tax Domicile Certificates) upon application of an eligible individual or entity based on the applicable Double Taxation Treaty. The TRCs are valid for one year and do not carry a TIN. [source]

Please use 000-00-0000 for all fields requesting a social security number, EIN, or other tax identification numbers.

Investing with Retirement Accounts for United Arab Emirates Investors

There is no equivalent IRA/401k scheme in UAE.

AML/KYC For United Arab Emirates Investors

As a reminder, all non-US investors are required to submit additional documentation for identify verification.

In order to expedite the AML/KYC check, please upload the following documents to your account prior to making an investment, or immediately after doing so:

  • A valid government-issued identification: state-issued identification card, driver's license, or federally-issued passport are accepted. Military IDs are not accepted.

  • Proof of address (in English): Must be a utility bill, bank statement, or letter from a government agency, dated within the last 90 days.

Please be advised. That all proof of address documentation must be in English. For investors whose native language is not English, they may request an official translation of any accepted document, or otherwise request an “address verification” document from a financial institution in English.

The easiest way to get this done is to ask your bank for a document, on letterhead, stating something to the effect of "We certify that [Name of Investor] lives at [Address]"

Please be advised that we cannot legally process your transaction without these documents.

For more information on our AML/KYC policies – along with a step-by-step walkthrough on how to upload your documents – please refer to our knowledge base.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 liked this article